Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Raining Hamburgers!!


Last week SMCA went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! When we got back to school we thought it would be fun to write our own stories about the town of Chewandswallow... Enjoy!


How the All You Can Eat Buffet Became a Restaurant
By Luke
Grade 4
Hello, my name is Jordan, what is your name? Today you wouldn't believe it, well maybe you would. It's raining orange juice and snowing icecream! Cheese was falling from the sky. We can eat everything we want to! Opps, I almost forgot this town is called, All You Can Eat Buffet.
Oh, look, it is 12:00pm. Guess what that means! It's lunch time! Look, some shrimp and some cake. There's some Coke. Guys, come with me to my secret lab. I made an invention that will tell the clouds what I want them to rain or snow!
What do you want for dinner? It's on me!
The crowd cried out, "Shrimp, lobster, brownies!"
"Ok," I said. "Then let's eat!"
And that is how the town of All You Can Eat Buffet became like a restaurant!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It All Started With Food
By Corinna
Grade 4
One morning, in Pour Down Banks, a young girl was still sound asleep with the soft whispering, "cluck, bloom, cluck" on the orange colored roof.
The girl woke up frightened! Then a man's voice came from downstairs, "Corinna, you're going to miss your delicious breakfast. Hurry up!"
The girl lept out of bed and got her shirt pulled on with her pants. Then she rushed down the stairs, half running, half jumping and skipping stairs by four. When she got downstairs she grabbed her spoon, bowl, cup and napkin.
Outside she set down her stuff and waited. All of a sudden, sweet, warm apple cider started pouring out of a pitcher shaped cloud and into the cups. Along with that came Cheerios with milk into the bowls. The came seedless grapes into the napkins. And they ate away.
After 3 hours of homework, lunch started to fall out of the sky. First came fresh, sticky, cold, yummy mango smoothies. They sipped those up so fast that they were finished in time for seconds! Next came tardy, beef tacos. I say tardy because they were five minutes late! After that came skinny brown brownies. Time to move to dinner!
About five hours of reading was a terrible piece of homework, but Corinna was lucky because dinner started falling! Cups of raspberry tea started falling out of the sky. Then came wonderfully dressed seasoned steaks. After the incredible dinner, it was time for dessert! It was... CHOCOLATE PUDDING!
That night Corinna was so stuffed and tired that the minute she lay down she fell asleep. She murmered, "What a wonderful day!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Untitled
By Ben
Grade 7
Thud! I ran to the door! Thud! Thud! Thud! I took some time to grab a plate. I rushed outside and lifted my cup and plate and PLOP! SQUIRT! CRUNCH! SPLASH! I had an all-American breakfast on my plate. I dashed inside and grabbed some silverware. My pancakes were delicious, my bacon- delectible, and the milk melted down my throat.
While the leftovers were picked up, I plopped down on the couch to watch cartoons. After about three cartoons, I went to see what time it was. It was 23 seconds until noon! I grabbed my plate and ran out the door right as the clock struck noon. I ran to the city square. There was a fountain with a circle of road around it.
I met my two friends, Justin and Dante. They were looking in a toy store window. I was so mesmerized by all the toys that I almost didn't hear Justin yelp. I looked over to see that he had a pepporoni eyepatch!
I hear another yelp from Dante. I turned to see him slapped in the face by a flying pizza! Wait... pizza? PIZZA! I grabbed two pieces of pizza, one in each hand. I started to eat. I ate 4 pieces of pizza!
But there was a problem, the leftover truck didn't come. Dante, Justin and I searched for it. When we finally found the truck, we saw it had a flat tire. By the time we made it back to the town, maggots were crawling all over the pizza. Everyone ran to their houses to get their bug spray. We started to drive them into the ocean.
When all the maggots were drowned, we went back to town. It started to rain food again. Dinner was chicken. But wait, what were the white specks? Oh no! It was rice! Everyone gladly ate the chicken, but no one touched the rice.
Finally, the chicken rainwas over. A triple layer chocolate cake, 100 feet tall, fell directly on the town square (to be honest, the town center looked like a big, round plate).
One thing was for sure, Chewandswallow had enough dessert to last them quite a while!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Day I Will Never Forget
By Chloe
Grade 4
One day when I was sleeping... BANG! ERRRR! Something landed on my roof. What was it? I ran outside, still in my pjs. It was an egg sandwich! There was another heading my way. I ran and got a plate. I caught it and put it on my plate.
Then, out of nowhere, at the same time... BACON! MAYONNAISE! MILK! Thankfully I had grabbed a cup. When I caught it all, I went and sat down. That was definitely the easiest breakfast ever!
When I was done I started on my homework. Then something fell on the roof again. I knew lunch was here. I wondered what it was. I heard rolling on the roof. MEATBALLS! Then I heard a "skwash", POTATOES! Then "trickle, trickle", MILK!
"Eat away!" I said, trying to put as much food in my mouth as I could. When I was done I could barely walk, I was so full. I was going to watch TV, you know because it is raining outside! HAHA! Get it? Uh, well never mind. Right when my movie was over, DINNER! I wondered whata it was. CRACK! SKWASH! TICKLE! PUFF! CHICKEN AND RITZ! MILK! SUGAR COOKIES! I ate away.
That night I dreamed about what would come tomorrow!

1 comment: